My patent firm, Tama Green Techno Patent Firm was born on April 1st, 2016, placing its base in Tsukuba city,Ibaraki prefecture as a firm mainly focusing on filing foreign patent applications as well as providing services relating thereto such as English translations of patent related documents (Representative: Takehiko Ishido [Japan Patent Attorneys Association registration number: 14535]) (Patent Attorney Navigation: http://www.jpaa.or.jp/cat=775?). The name of my firm has been created as below: "Tama" is taken from "Tama Software Co., Ltd.", "Green" comes from my sincere wish of not losing my initial hope that is fresh just like Green Leaves, and "Techno" is intended to be named after Tsukuba city, the city dedicated to prosperity of Science and Technology in almost every its main areas. My patent firm has been establised and named by thus combining each of these crucial terms.
-Work Area of my firm-
Mutually beneficially cooporating with located in Adachi-ku, Tokyo Kita-Senju, my firm handles English Translations of patent documents and filing PCT applications (including those written in English) as well as filing domestic applications to be filed with the JPO, which are imported from foreign countries.
公式情報 -Official Information- WORLD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ORGANIZATION (WIPO)
−PCT related homepage−
−Others− 無料知的財産相談 -Complimentary Professional Advice about IP matters-
Tama software ltd., after having had a various and prosperous experiences in translating computer software related documents (e.g., localization), we proudly announce our launch of a new business in patent translation using know-how accumulated over years of endeavors. With trust and feedback from our clients, we have developed and improved upon computer software to assist our translation and with aid of professional reviews by a Japanese patent attorney who has ample experience in filing foreign patent applications in almost all technical fields.
Our primary focus is to attract patent firms, small-to-medium sized companies seeking assistance with patent related translations. Our patent firms and companies, who just starting to file foreign patent applications, need not have any prior foreign patent filing experience with either foreign patent application filings or foreign patent prosecution.
We handle a wide variety of technical fields such as computer software, electrical (semiconductor, appliances, circuits, and electrical power transmitting system), mechanical field (automotive related devices/systems/parts, robot related stuffs, hydraulic systems, variety of manufacturing machines, and daily commodities), and chemical field (chemical reagents, compounds, raw materials such as resin/plastics/glasses, and chemical plants), excluding bio and pharmaceutical related technology.
Our Work Scope
We focus on English translation of Japanese patent applications, English translation of the office actions by the JPO, and English translation of patent-related correspondence documents.
Also, as for an English translation of Japanese patent application intended for international filing, we provide full support and filing thereof for an international applications utilizing the PCT. Also, if you wish to tailor your international application for national phase so as to be compliant with the targeted foreign country’s patent law or judicial precedents in a more definitive manner, we can perform this task for a fee of 30-50K JPY per application for typical applications.
(1) English Translation of the Office Actions by the JPO -for applications filed with the JPO-
We cater to English translations of JPO’s Office Actions issued for Japanese patent applications, and can assist you with understanding Japanese patent law, such as the newest Supreme Court’s PBP Claim (Product by Process claim) case.
Also, we can translate your English response to JPO office actions and file the translation with the JPO.
As where necessary, we can also help you manage your IDS filings with the USPTO.
(2) English Translation of Japanese patent application -for applications to be filed in non-Japanese counties-
We cater to English translations of patent applications intended to claim priority under the Paris Convention, intended to use the PCT international route, and intended to be filed directly with the foreign patent office, all of which we provide sufficient translation certification if necessary.
(3) English Translation of patent-related correspondence documents -for JPO related application-
We further offer English Translations of patent-related correspondences and material for review by foreign patent firms for purposes of infringement, invalidity, or any other opinion legal matter. .
Our Specialty Features
(1) English Translation of Japanese patent applications -for the Export application-
By virtue of professional reviews by the Japanese Patent attorney, we aim to provide high quality English translations which are considered challenging for major translation companies which tend to focus on high volume and low quality.
We take special care is taken in handling claims, which we believe are the essence of a proper translation so as to maintain the full breath of your intellectual property. In particular, in the United States, as constructed in the Festo, the scope of patent claims may be narrowed by unavoidably by claim construction, due to claim amendment, even if to overcome claim mistranslation issues. The situations thereof appear to be also applicable to the EPO where the judicial precedents nevertheless do not necessarily prevail.
Thereby, we intend to provide a high quality English translations to maintain the scope as well as the strength of patent even after the grant of the patent by minimizing otherwise unnecessary amendments due to the low quality patent translations.
(2) English Translation of the Office Actions by the JPO -for the Import application-
We cannot stress enough that the quality of the translation is key to the value of foreign filed applications. Thus, we aim to assist, in both technical and legal points of view, the creations of effective countermeasures by the foreign applicants and the agents thereof through a justified capture of its technical content as well as taking great care in appropriate word choice from various technical and legal terms, as well as our precise grasp of the Japanese language.
Incidentally, in the Home Page of the EPO (e.g., espacenet), although the complimentary English translation service of the JPO Office Action, that is so called “Global Dossier” is available, the service does not necessarily go beyond the level of a machine translation and is therefore usually only useful for cursory reviews.
(3) English Translation of patent-related correspondence documents -for any foreign or domestic applications-
We intend to provide structurally natural English translations, which are globally acceptable mainly in English speaking countries, and through which the foreign patent practitioners are able to easily capture the technical and legal content of the patent applications. Thus, we may save you time and effort in trying to decipherJanglish, a somewhat obscure English written in a Japanese-style.
Moreover, we aim to provide support for appropriately grasping the legal and technical matters as well as for creating more effective arguments by the foreign applicants or agents through suitable arrangements of sentence structures and proper supplements for the lack of communicative information.
(4) Provision of further high quality English translation service and claim amendments through professional review by U.S. patent attorney
If you wish an even higher quality for your patent application with foreseeable events, such as for enforcement of your patent rights in the United States, you may request professional advice from an affiliated U.S. patent attorney in law. Also, with the assistance of our affiliated U.S. patent attorney, you may respond directly to USPTO office actions.
(5) Japanese translation of patent documents
As an additional service, we offer English to Japanese patent application translation. Please feel free to inquire for more detail.
(1) English Translation of Japanese patent application Available at 20-30 JPY/English word, varying depending upon the technical field, and the difficulty in the understanding of the technical content. To keep our prices competitive, we will attempt to match most any reasonable quote estimated or previously charged to you by a major translation company. Please do not hesitate to ask us about this in more detail.
(2) English Translation of the Office Actions by the JPO Available at 20-25 JPY/English word, varying depending upon the difficulty in the understanding of the technical content. We do our best to keep our prices competitive Please do not hesitate to ask us about this in more detail.
(3) English Translation of patent-related correspondence documents Available at 25 JPY/English word, on a fundamental basis.
(4) Provision of further high quality English translation service and claim amendments Available at 20 JPY/English word on a fundamental basis, however, we can also handle this at around 50K JPY per patent application having approximately 5,000 words in total, and of which only five claims are heavily reviewed. Also, the claim amendments are available at around 30K JPY per response per Office Action.